Elmfield sees education as reaching beyond academic qualifications and skills.
We aim for our pupils to leave
- equipped for the world with a strong sense of values, responsibility and confidence,
- attain good qualifications
- able to think freely and independently, with lifelong curiosity for learning
- Able to find the place in the world where they can fulfil their potential
Designed to respond to the developmental needs of the child, and education which
- Respects childhood, nurtures the imagination, instills strong values
- Nourishes each child’s imagination, enthusiasm and wonder
- Fosters a lifelong sense of curiosity and love of learning.
Nature and Seasons
An education in tune with the seasons, nature and the rhythms of life
- An awareness of nature and the world
- Fostering a sense of wonder about the world,
- Developing practical skills such as gardening and cooking
- Scientific understanding in the older pupil.
At Elmfield education is
- a living, creative process,
- enriched by sensory, imaginative and intellectual nourishment:
- art, crafts, music and movement are integral learning tools
Has been developed from the internationally recognised Waldorf curriculum introduced by Rudolf Steiner ninety years ago.