At Elmfield our pupils sit their GCSE exams over two years, taking up to 4 in Class 10 and up to 4 or 5 in Class 11; this is so that they can also continue to study the Waldorf curriculum and it means that their focus is not solely on exams. Our pupils typically go onto local sixth form colleges such as King Edward VI College in Stourbridge, Haybridge Sixth Form and Halesowen College.
Many subjects are now ranked 1 - 9 with 9 being the highest.
- Grades 4 – 6 represent C – B.
- Grades 7 – 9 represent an A - A* and above.
- Grade 4 is considered a standard pass.
- Grade 5 is considered a good pass.
Class 10 sat their English and Maths GCSEs in summer 2019
- English Language: 68% achieved a Grade 4 or above (national average was 62%).
- In addition, 79% of students received a Distinction in their English speaking and listening exam.
- Maths: 58% achieved a Grade 4 or above (national average was 59.6%).
Class 11 completed their GCSE exams in summer 2019
- 93% left Elmfield with 5 or more GCSEs at Grade 4/C or above, including English and Maths.
A PDF version of our GCSE results is also available.
Class 11 GCSE Results from 2007 - 5 or more overview
Percentage of Class 11 leavers who left with 5 or more A* to C grade GCSEs – including English and Maths
Average from 2007 to 2019 = 83% of Class 11 pupils leaving with 5 or more A*-C grade GCSEs (including English and Maths)