For ages 3-4
For the young child, play is work
Our Nursery welcomes children between the ages of 3 and 4. Sessions are held between 8.40am and 12.40pm, Monday to Friday during term time.
There is a strong sense of community within the Early Years with plenty of opportunity for the older and younger children to work and play together under the gentle and guiding presence of the teacher.
At Elmfield we provide:
- Time for free play
- Seasonal materials taken directly from nature and natural toys
- Traditional games and songs such as ring time and skipping
- Baking, gardening, weaving, cooking, food preparation, painting, modelling
- Story time
- Beautiful natural gardens, play areas and classrooms
- An age appropriate curriculum
- Solid foundations for social, literacy and numeracy skills, and technical and scientific knowledge
- An atmosphere of warmth, love and security
- A secure platform for formal learning when they reach school
- Activities appropriate for the seasons of the year
At Elmfield children can grow up at their own pace
We allow time for real childhood, with an age appropriate curriculum which engages the young child’s innate drive for learning through imitation, rhythms and exploration.
We respect the child as a developing human being
In the nursery and kindergarten we take time to play both in and out of doors, taking full advantage of Elmfield’s beautiful grounds. Through the children’s imaginative play as well as having a great time they also learn to co-operate with others and develop empathy and social responsibility.
We believe that creative activity helps to develop skills for life
A strong sense of rhythm runs through the week and the years incorporating all the regular activities and creative play alongside ring time and daily storytelling or puppet shows. We follow the seasons of the year in our songs, outdoor play and celebrations of the festivals, such as Michaelmas and Harvest, Advent, Easter, Whitsun and Midsummer. Ring-time and sharing a special story brings a sense of togetherness and the opportunity to enjoy the rich variety of songs, poems, fairy and folk tales.
Afternoon Care and After School Care
We also offer afternoon and after school care in a home-like setting where children can relax after their school sessions, and play in the grounds or indoors.