Concerns and complaints
Please contact the school if you have a complaint.
If you have a concern about any aspect of the School, you are warmly encouraged to speak to the person directly responsible for the subject of your concern.
We have found that direct communication is often the most constructive way of resolving issues. This would normally be, for example:
- concerns about teaching or other educational aspects - your child’s class teacher or guardian
- concerns about general administrative or financial aspects - the admin team
It is recognised however that there are circumstances in which a direct approach may not be possible or appropriate. In this case please contact School’s Designated Person for complaints (DP), who will facilitate a meeting with (or without) the member of staff involved. The DP is Simon Birch, Interim School Lead (email@example.com).
The DP carries responsibility on behalf of the school to ensure that correct procedure is followed throughout the process of any complaint.
It is our aim to deal with any issues informally. However, if the matter cannot be resolved informally, you should raise it as a formal complaint by putting it in writing. You should also raise a formal complaint immediately if the issue is one of grave seriousness.
Full details of the correct processes and procedures can be found in our Concerns and Complaints Policy.
Please Note: Our staff have the right to work in an environment free from harassment, intimidation and victimisation. Whilst parents may feel angry or impassioned about the issues within their complaint, they are asked to raise issues constructively and work with the school to resolve issues amicably where possible.
For your information:
- in the academic year 2019-2020, the school received 12 formal complaints
- in the academic year 2018-2019, the school received 3 formal complaints
- in the academic year 2017-2018, the school received 0 formal complaints
- in the academic year 2016-2017, the school received 1 formal complaint
- in the academic year 2015-2016, the school received 1 formal complaint
14 Love Lane